When experiencing bugs with the xfce4-power-manager component, your way of helping things getting fixed is to report a bug about it in bugzilla.
Note: For this you will need to have/create an account.
- [Bug 13857] power manager flaky behaviour (2017/09/24 16:04)
- [Bug 11627] xfce4-powermanager 4.12 does not wake up monitor after sleep (2017/09/06 06:07)
- [Bug 13770] xfce4-power-manager panel plugin doesn't work with gtk-18.104.22.168 (2017/08/14 06:55)
- [Bug 13761] Xfce4-power-manager does not catch lid events (2017/08/10 19:05)
- [Bug 12967] xfce4-power-manager doesn't detect laptop lid (2017/08/10 13:55)
- [Bug 9574] Mode should be updated based on DPMS status (2017/07/12 22:02)
- [Bug 12771] Hybrid Sleep support (2017/06/28 05:03)
- [Bug 12912] segmentation fault on trying to run xfce4-power-manager (2017/06/02 23:48)
- [Bug 13424] When operated rapidly, brightness control snaps to 0 (2017/05/31 21:23)
Report a new bug
If your bug/problem has not been reported before, report a new bug. Please ensure that you disclose any information that might be relevant for developers reading the bugreport, e.g. what distribution you're using, what package-version of xfce4-power-manager or related Xfce libraries etc. To report a new bug, go here.