This is an old revision of the document!
Mouse and Touchpad
The page is work in progress!
- With this combo box you can select the device you want to edit, the settings below will adjust to the selected device. The list shows all connected pointer devices.
- Enable this device
- Uncheck this option to turn a device off. If a device it disabled, it won't send any coordinate updates to the pointer. By default all (new) devices are enabled.
- Right-handed and Left-handed
- If you select Left-handed the primary and secondary buttons on the mouse will be reversed.
- Reverse scroll direction
- If this option is enabled, the scroll direction will be reversed (sometimes called “natural scrolling”).
If you want to see the resulting button map; use the
xinpututility. First find the device ID using
xinput listand then view the mapping of the device with
xinput get-button-map <device-id>.