The Clock panel plugin displays the current time in a variety of styles and formats.
|Clock's properties dialog|
- Tooltip Format
- Changes how the time is displayed when hovering over the clock display.
- Show Frame
- Displays a frame around the clock display.
- Displays time as a clock face with hands representing the current hour, minute, and seconds.
- Displays a binary clock.
- A simple time display with multiple formats.
- Displays an approximation of the current time.
- Displays the time in the style of a digital LCD click.
The options available in Clock Options will vary depending on the clock Layout selected.
- 24-hour Clock
- Displays time in a 24-hour (military) format. (LCD layout only.)
- Display Seconds
- Displays a seconds indicator in the clock display. (Analog, LCD, and Binary layouts only.)
- Flash Time Seperators
- Flash the seperators between digits. (LCD layout only.)
- Changes the time format of the clock with predefined or custom layout. (Digital layout only.)
- Changes the degree of 'fuzziness' that the clock will display. 0 being the most accurate, 1 being less accurate, and 2 being the least accurate. (Fuzzy layout only.)
- Show AM/PM
- Displays an 'A' or 'P' to indicate the time of day. (LCD layout only.)
- Show Grid
- Adds gridlines to the clock. (Binary layout only.)
- Show Inactive Dots
- All dots that are empty are not shown in the clock display. (Binary layout only.)
- True Binary Clock
- Displays a seconds indicator in the clock display. (Binary layout only.)
The plugin supports markup to change the layout of the tooltip and the label on the panel. Consult the Text Attribute Markup manual of Pango so see what attributes are supported.
\n for new-lines and
\t for tabs are also supported.
The following is a list of available label format control sequences copied from a
date utility manual (
- a literal %
- locale's abbreviated weekday name (e.g., Sun)
- locale's full weekday name (e.g., Sunday)
- locale's abbreviated month name (e.g., Jan)
- locale's full month name (e.g., January)
- locale's date and time (e.g., Thu Mar 3 23:05:25 2005)
- century; like %Y, except omit last two digits (e.g., 21)
- day of month (e.g, 01)
- date; same as %m/%d/%y
- day of month, space padded; same as %_d
- full date; same as %Y-%m-%d
- last two digits of year of ISO week number (see %G)
- year of ISO week number (see %V); normally useful only with %V
- same as %b
- hour (00..23)
- hour (01..12)
- day of year (001..366)
- hour ( 0..23)
- hour ( 1..12)
- month (01..12)
- minute (00..59)
- a newline
- nanoseconds (000000000..999999999)
- locale's equivalent of either AM or PM; blank if not known
- like %p, but lower case
- locale's 12-hour clock time (e.g., 11:11:04 PM)
- 24-hour hour and minute; same as %H:%M
- seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
- second (00..60)
- a tab
- time; same as %H:%M:%S
- day of week (1..7); 1 is Monday
- week number of year, with Sunday as first day of week (00..53)
- ISO week number, with Monday as first day of week (01..53)
- day of week (0..6); 0 is Sunday
- week number of year, with Monday as first day of week (00..53)
- locale's date representation (e.g., 12/31/99)
- locale's time representation (e.g., 23:13:48)
- last two digits of year (00..99)
- +hhmm numeric timezone (e.g., -0400)
- +hh:mm numeric timezone (e.g., -04:00)
- +hh:mm:ss numeric time zone (e.g., -04:00:00)
- numeric time zone with : to necessary precision (e.g., -04, +05:30)
- alphabetic time zone abbreviation (e.g., EDT)
By default, numeric fields are padded with zeroes. The following optional flags may follow
- - (hyphen)
- do not pad the field
- _ (underscore)
- pad with spaces
- 0 (zero)
- pad with zeros
- use upper case if possible
- use opposite case if possible
After any flags comes an optional field width, as a decimal number; then an optional modifier, which is either
E to use the locale's alternate representations if available, or
O to use the locale's alternate numeric symbols if available.