Reporting Bugs - Catfish
If you are experiencing a bug in
Catfish, your way of helping things getting fixed is to report a bug about it in Xfce Gitlab. Note: For this you will need to have/create an account.
Report a new bug
If your bug has not been reported before, please submit a new bug report.
When writing your bug report, try to be as descriptive as possible, but avoid verbosity; Mozilla has a nice guide on how to write a bug report.
For more information, see Bug Reporting and Fixing.
Open Bug Reports:
Here's a list (updated daily) of open bug reports with the date that bug was reported in brackets. To see the full list via GitLab, go here.
- catfish shows files only after it is stopped (2023/07/31 08:07)
- Feature Request: libarchive instead of python zipfile (2023/07/30 09:26)
- Drag and Drop to Telegram / Kotatogram doesn't work (2023/06/09 13:36)
- Improve documentation on how to use search (2023/06/09 13:34)
- Show all file types (2023/06/09 13:33)
- Support thumbnail sizes x-large and xx-large (2023/06/09 13:33)
- Catfish 4.16.3: allow GUI to run as catfish --iso-time (2023/06/09 13:30)
- Allow to uncheck "Search file contents" from command line (2023/06/09 13:22)
- Report time taken to complete search. (2023/06/09 13:17)
- understand $LOCATE_PATH=~/.locatedb and do... something better (2023/06/07 20:12)
- Holding a modifier when Catfish loses focus disables right-click (2022/12/19 13:48)
- Zipfile search issues (2022/07/16 23:19)
- Broken symlinks not found/shown in results (2022/02/18 23:44)
- Duplicate results with symlink folders in /proc/ (2021/12/20 03:12)
- Symlinks to parent folders not showing in filename results (2021/12/20 03:12)