This is an old revision of the document!
Catfish File Search
Catfish is a handy file searching tool for Linux and Unix. The interface is intentionally lightweight and simple, using only GTK+3. You can configure it to your needs by using several command line options.
You are encouraged to run
catfish –help to check out the various command line options.
- Introduction to Catfish – What makes Catfish special
- Usage – Basic handling of the application
- Command-line Options – Parameters for starting Catfish
- Python 3
- Gtk 3.22+
- GLib 2.42+
- GLib / GObject Python bindings: GdkPixbuf, GLib, GTK 3, Pango, Cairo, Xfconf
- locate or mlocate
Source Code Repository
- Reporting Bugs – Open bug reports and how to report new bugs