This is an old revision of the document!
There are different ways in which you can contribute to xfce:
- Translation - Translate Xfce Applications into different languages.
- Documentation - add or translate application manuals on this website.
- Bugs - report or fix Xfce bugs, provide new features
- Bountysource - Put some money on bugs you want to have fixed
Once you did some contributions, you may want to grab extra permissions to e.g. release your modifications:
- becoming a xfce-developer - contributor account, git access, releases
Additionally, Xfce uses the GTK+/Glib family of libraries which can be found at the following:
Tutorials for getting started with GTK+ are available at:
If you're looking at writing a panel plugin, you may want to look at the xfce4-sample-plugin for an easy start.