This plugin shows the date and time in the panel; when left-clicked, a popup calendar appears.
The original plugin was written by Choe Hwanjin. Remco den Breeje wrote the 0.4.x and 0.5.0 versions. Diego Ongaro was the maintainer from 2008 to 2010.
- Install the datetime package in the usual way for your distribution, or get the source and run ./configure, make, make install.
- Right-click the Xfce panel > Add New Item > DateTime
To open the calendar, simply left-click the plugin on your panel. Left-click on it again to close the calendar.
Note: The information on which day the calendar week starts is derived from the locale.
To open the properties dialog, right-click the plugin on your panel and select Properties.
The properties dialog allows you to use a “Custom” format string for your date or time options. The format string you enter should be compatible with strftime. Here are some format string specifiers from the “date” command's help:
%% a literal % %a locale's abbreviated weekday name (e.g., Sun) %A locale's full weekday name (e.g., Sunday) %b locale's abbreviated month name (e.g., Jan) %B locale's full month name (e.g., January) %c locale's date and time (e.g., Thu Mar 3 23:05:25 2005) %C century; like %Y, except omit last two digits (e.g., 21) %d day of month (e.g, 01) %D date; same as %m/%d/%y %e day of month, space padded; same as %_d %F full date; same as %Y-%m-%d %g last two digits of year of ISO week number (see %G) %G year of ISO week number (see %V); normally useful only with %V %h same as %b %H hour (00..23) %I hour (01..12) %j day of year (001..366) %k hour ( 0..23) %l hour ( 1..12) %m month (01..12) %M minute (00..59) %n a newline %p locale's equivalent of either AM or PM; blank if not known %P like %p, but lower case %r locale's 12-hour clock time (e.g., 11:11:04 PM) %R 24-hour hour and minute; same as %H:%M %s seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC %S second (00..60) %t a tab %T time; same as %H:%M:%S %u day of week (1..7); 1 is Monday %U week number of year, with Sunday as first day of week (00..53) %V ISO week number, with Monday as first day of week (01..53) %w day of week (0..6); 0 is Sunday %W week number of year, with Monday as first day of week (00..53) %x locale's date representation (e.g., 12/31/99) %X locale's time representation (e.g., 23:13:48) %y last two digits of year (00..99) %Y year %z +hhmm numeric timezone (e.g., -0400) %Z alphabetic time zone abbreviation (e.g., EDT)
SHA-256 Hash: cd358bc2ff0707b8ef1504396a19b0a27f802c2ec7bceb5cebe2c7baf6adebd4
SHA-1 Hash: 2d7ed667d6c2f5e8b9f4eb80cb001d2473ae2a60
MD5 Hash: b88e47af4e9e156e43dc993f18218bd3
Source Code Repository
If you encounter a bug in
Datetime, please submit a bug report to the Xfce Bugzilla. Please note that to do this you will need to have / create an account on Bugzilla.
- [Bug 10202] Display multiple timezones (2019/11/24 21:08)
- [Bug 16099] (null) instead of day/month labels on non-English locale (2019/10/27 19:59)
- [Bug 14748] [PATCHSET] Add reminders (2019/09/30 21:51)
- [Bug 9004] Time doesn't update immediately on resume from suspend (2019/09/30 21:51)
- [Bug 15620] Doesn't vertically center on Panel. (2019/06/20 03:35)
- [Bug 14662] [PATCH] Improve Spacing for Datetime Plugin Preferences (2019/04/22 12:37)
- [Bug 14995] 100% cpu usage on panel button mouse hover while calendar open (2019/01/08 18:13)
- [Bug 14166] Datetime font colour and Clock line breaks (2019/01/06 14:10)
- [Bug 13341] Narrow and hard to read calendar in cs_CZ.UTF-8 locale (2018/12/16 15:33)
- [Bug 14871] First day of the week (regression) (2018/11/18 04:14)
- [Bug 7979] First day of the week (2018/11/07 17:24)
- [Bug 14837] Plugin often doesn't show up in panel (2018/11/04 11:58)
- [Bug 14108] Integrate alarm-clock-applet into xfce4-datetime-plugin (2018/10/10 20:10)
- [Bug 11994] Custom Formatting (2018/09/19 14:19)
- [Bug 14578] Date Disappears after Changing Parameter from 24 hr to 12 hr. (2018/08/07 03:42)