xfce4-panel - Xfce Panel
The Xfce Panel is part of the Xfce Desktop Environment and features application launchers, panel menus, a workspace switcher and more. Many aspects of the panel can be configured through the GUI, but also by GTK+ style properties and hidden Xfconf settings.
- Getting Started – Starting the Xfce Panel for the first time
- Add New Items – Add new plugins to the Xfce Panel
- Preferences – Configure the Xfce Panel
- Customize the Xfce menu – Customize menu entries
- Theming – Styling the Xfce Panel
- Action Buttons – Adds system action buttons to the panel
- Applications Menu – Adds a menu containing categories of installed applications
- Clock – What time is it? – a clock plugin for the panel.
- Directory Menu – Show a directory tree in a menu
- Launcher – Program launcher with optional menu
- Notification Area – Area where notification icons appear
- Separator – Adds a separator or space between panel plugins
- Show Desktop – Hide all windows and show the desktop
- Window Buttons – Switch between open windows using buttons
- Window Menu – Switch between open windows using a menu
- Workspace Switcher – Switch between virtual desktops
- Battery – A battery monitor panel plugin for Xfce4 compatible with APM and ACPI, for Linux and *BSD.
- Calculator – a calculator plugin for the Xfce4 panel.
- Clipman – A clipboard manager for Xfce
- Cpufreq – shows information about the CPU governor and frequencies supported and used by your system.
- Cpugraph – offers multiple display modes (LED, gradient, fire, etc…) to show the current CPU load of the system.
- Datetime – shows the date and time in the panel, and a calendar appears when you left-click on it.
- Diskperf – displays instant disk/partition performance (bytes transferred per second).
- Embed – Embed arbitrary application windows into the panel.
- Eyes – Eyes that spy on you.
- Fsguard – checks the chosen mountpoint for free disk space.
- Genmon – spawns the indicated script/program, captures its output (stdout) and displays the resulting string into the panel.
- Indicator – small plugin written by Mark Trompell to display information from various applications consistently.
- Mailwatch – multi-threaded, multi-mailbox, multi-protocol plugin for checking mails periodically.
- Mount – a mount/umount utility for the panel.
- Mpc – client plugin for MPD, the Music Player Daemon
- Netload – displays the current load of the network interfaces, currently works on Linux, *BSD, Sun Solaris, HP_UX and MacOS X.
- Notes – provides sticky notes for your desktop.
- Places – a menu with quick access to folders, documents, and removable media.
- PulseAudio Plugin – Adjust audio volume and control media players on the Xfce desktop
- Sample – Sample plugin developers can use as a base for new panel-plugins
- Sensors – a hardware sensors plugin for the panel.
- Smartbookmark – allows you to do a search directly on Internet on sites like google or debian bugzilla.
- Statusnotifier – provides a panel area for status notifier items (application indicators).
- Stopwatch – Keep track of elapsed time.
- Systemload – Displays the current CPU load, the memory in use, the swap space and the system uptime.
- Timer – Lets the user run an alarm at a specified time or at the end of a specified countdown period.
- Time-out – for taking breaks from the computer every X minutes.
- Verve – A comfortable command line plugin for the Xfce panel.
- Wavelan – Display stats from a wireless lan interface (signal state, signal quality, network name (SSID)). It supports NetBSD, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, and Linux.
- Weather – Shows the current temperature and weather condition, using weather data provided by xoap.weather.com.
- Whiskermenu – A menu that provides access to favorites, recently used, and searching installed applications.
- Xkb – Setup and use multiple (currently up to 4 due to X11 protocol limitation) keyboard layouts.
- Debugging – Debugging plugins and the panel
For specific information on the minimum required versions, check configure.ac.in
- xfce4-panel 4.16.2 released (2021/02/25 14:53)
xfce4-panel 4.16.2 is now available for download from https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/xfce4-panel/4.16/xfce4-panel-4.16.2.tar.bz2 https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/xfce4-panel/4.16/xfce4-panel-4.16.2.tar.bz2?sha1 https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/xfce4-panel/4.16/xfce4-panel-4.16.2.tar.bz2?sha256 What is xfce4-panel? ==================== Xfce's panel. Website: https://www.xfce.org/ Release notes for 4.16.2 ======================== - Add icons to help and about items in panel menu - Modernize documentation (developer.xfce.org) - Translation Updates: Croatian, Estonian, Georgian, Ukrainian