xfce4-statusnotifier-plugin - Status Notifier Plugin
xfce4-statusnotifier-plugin provides a panel area for status notifier items (application indicators). Applications may use these items to display their status and interact with user. This technology is a modern alternative to systray and follows the freedesktop.org specification regarding status notification.
- Compile or install xfce4-statusnotifier-plugin
- Right-click the panel → Add New Items
- Add the Status Notifier Plugin
Plugin Doesn't Show Any Items
There is already a running service which works with status notifier items. Most probably it's the indicator-application service which is used by xfce4-indicator-plugin. Make sure this service is not running: remove this indicator from xfce4-indicator-plugin and remove the service from autostart.
For detailed information on the minimum required versions, check the configure.ac.in file.
- xfce4-statusnotifier-plugin 0.2.3 released (2021/01/27 08:19)
- Download current release (link also contains older versions)