This is an old revision of the document!
The Action Buttons panel plugin adds system action buttons to your panel. These actions include session management options such as locking the screen, logging out or switching the user, or options to hibernate, suspend, restart or shutdown your computer.
xfce4-sessionto handle power actions, so it won't function properly if you use another or no session manager.
|Action Buttons Preferences|
- Invert buttons orientation
- Changes the direction that the buttons are placed in.
- Show confirmation dialogue
- Shows a confirmation dialogue when an action is performed.
- Lock Screen
- Locks your screen.
- Switch User
- Allows you to switch to a different user
- Saves the session to RAM and sleeps the computer for quick start-ups.
- Saves the session to disk and shuts down the system for slightly faster start-ups.
- Hybrid Sleep
- Saves the session to RAM and disk, allowing for quick start-ups but in the event of losing power, your session is still saved.
- Shut Down
- Completely powers down the system
- Reboots the system
- Log Out...
- Displays the Log Out prompt, allowing you to choose an action while logging out of your current session.
- Log Out
- Logs the current user out
- Adds a separator to the buttons or drop-down menu