Reporting Bugs - xfdesktop
If you are experiencing a bug in
xfdesktop, your way of helping things getting fixed is to report a bug about it in Xfce GitLab. Please note that to do this you will need to have / create an account.
Before reporting a new bug, please try your best to check if it has already been reported (see the latest reports below). Click here for a full list of bug reports.
Report a new bug
If your bug has not been reported before, please submit a new bug report.
When writing your bug report, try to be as descriptive as possible, but avoid verbosity; Mozilla has a nice guide on how to write a bug report.
For more information, see Bug Reporting and Fixing.
File a new bug or enhancement request
Here's a list (updated daily) of open bug reports with the date that bug was reported in parenthesis.
- Multi-monitor offset positioning on Wayland (2023/04/26 21:30)
- High memory usage after couple of days uptime (2023/04/23 14:01)
- Missing default background for wide screen displays (2023/04/23 13:25)
- Icon-grid: Do not use the workarea size for the *.rc file filename (2022/12/27 09:06)
- Reorder create entries into new desktop context menu submenu (2022/12/19 12:32)
- File size is always shown in kB, MB, GB, etc (2022/12/08 07:48)
- Icon-grid: Ask the user before re-arranging the icon-grid (2022/12/08 07:44)
- Desktop icons move when Xfce4-panel set/unset _NET_WM_STRUT property (2022/11/02 13:10)
- Suggestions for improving virtual desktops (2022/10/18 04:20)
- Feature request: animated wallpapers and wallpaper improvements (2022/10/14 23:46)
- XFCE desktop background from another monitor scaled (2021/02/26 23:42)
- Improve algorithm for the number of icon label lines (2021/01/09 03:02)
- Option to span wallpaper across particular monitors (2021/01/09 01:27)