The normal (and best) way to get the Mousepad application is to use the package manager or port system of your operating system.
If Mousepad isn't available there, or if you want a different version, you can download it in source from from https://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/mousepad/.
Source code repository
If you are experiencing a bug in
mousepad, your way of helping things getting fixed is to report a bug about it in Xfce GitLab. Please note that to do this you will need to have / create an account.
Report a new bug
If your bug has not been reported before, please submit a new bug report.
When writing your bug report, try to be as descriptive as possible, but avoid verbosity; Mozilla has a nice guide on how to write a bug report.
For more information, see Bug Reporting and Fixing.
Here's a list (updated daily) of open bug reports with the date that bug was reported in parenthesis.
- Any plans port to gtksourceview-4? (2020/07/08 18:46)
- end of line at end of file (2020/06/30 02:22)
- [PATCH] Enable Ctrl+ / Ctrl- for font increase/decrease (2020/06/25 23:29)
- [PATCH] In filenames, replace the user directory with a tilde (2020/06/11 19:25)
- [PATCH] Silence warning about casting void ** to char ** (2020/06/11 19:24)
- Feature request - changing font size using the mouse scroll wheel (2020/06/09 01:57)
- Feature request: read only toggle (2020/05/24 01:34)
- Please add an item to the System menu which can toggle the menubar (2020/05/24 01:34)
- When the menubar is hidden, please allow Alt shortcuts to open it again (2020/05/24 01:34)
- Add support for EditorConfig (2020/05/24 01:33)
- Feature Request: Display Trailing Whitespace (2020/05/24 01:33)
- [Patch] Add link to documentation web page (2020/05/24 01:33)
- Feature Request: Force text file encoding (2020/05/24 01:33)
- Feature Request: Count Words, Count Characters (2020/05/24 01:33)
- [PATCH] Canonicalize filenames given as command-line arguments (2020/05/24 01:32)
- [PATCH] Allow filtering out binary files in the file chooser dialog (2020/05/24 01:32)
- Frame borders are too thick (Cosmetic enhancement request) (2020/05/24 01:32)