Parole Media Player
Parole is a modern simple media player based on the GStreamer framework and written to fit well in the Xfce desktop. Parole features playback of local media files, DVD/CD and live streams.
Parole is extensible via plugins, for a complete how to write a plugin for Parole see the Plugins API documentation and the plugins directory which contains some useful examples.
- Preferences – Configuring the media player.
- Command-line Options – Parameters for starting Parole.
- Plugins – Extend Parole with additional functionality.
Parole depends on the following packages:
- GTK >=3.20.0
- GLib >=2.32.0
- Gio 2.32 or above.
- D-Bus >=0.60
- DBus glib 0.70 or above.
- GStreamer: base, video, interface and GStreamer X, version 1.0.0 or above.
- libxfce4ui 4.11.0 or above.
- libxfce4util 4.10.0 or above.
- parole 4.18.0 released (2023/02/18 20:38)
- Download current release (link also contains older versions)