xfce4-notifyd - Xfce Notification service
Xfce4-notifyd is a notification service for the Xfce Desktop that implements most of the “server-side” portion of the Freedesktop desktop notifications specification. Applications that wish to pop up a notification bubble in
a standard way can make use of the xfce4-notifyd service by sending standard messages over D-Bus using the
org.freedesktop.Notifications interface. Read the specification here.
Apart from the notification server, a panel-plugin is included which shows recent notifications in a dropdown menu in the Xfce Panel.
- Preferences Dialog – Customize your notification settings
- Specification implementation – Which parts of which specifications are implemented and supported
- Theming Examples – How to create a notification theme
Several new features have been added in Xfce's Notification service, including a notifications log, the possibility to disable notifications per application, a global 'Do Not Disturb' mode, which inhibits all notifications, and finally a new animation ('slide out').
|The new notification animation 'slide out'|
A new panel plugin was added which provides quick access to both the 'Do Not Disturb' mode as well as the log of recent notifications.
|The new panel plugin'|
- xfce4-notifyd 0.9.2 released (2023/09/24 20:37)
- Download current release (link also contains older versions)