Xfce Panel Profiles
Xfce Panel Profiles (
xfce4-panel-profiles, formerly known as
xfpanel-switch) is a simple application to manage Xfce panel layouts.
With the modular Xfce Panel, a multitude of panel layouts can be created. This tool makes it possible to backup, restore, import, and export these panel layouts.
Panel profiles main window shows a two columns table: on the left there is the configuration's name, at the right the last modification time. The first entry is always the current configuration, all other entries are custom user profiles or provided by the operating system by default.
|Panel Profiles window|
To perform any actions, you need to first select the configuration that you want to consider. Then you can select a button on the bottom bar. The available tasks, from the left to right are:
- Apply a configuration
- You can apply the selected configuration, if you click Apply button. It will be instantly applied to the panel. The old current configuration will be lost if you apply a different configuration. Make a backup before doing this!
- Save a configuration
- You can make a backup of the selected configuration, if you click Save button. It will open a dialog, you can insert a name for the copied configuration.
Custom saved configurations are stored usually in
- Remove a configuration
- You can remove the selected configuration, if is possible, if you click Remove button.
Removed configurations cannot be restored!
- Export a configuration
- You can export the selected configuration if you click Export button. It will open a file chooser dialog to allow you to insert the file name and position.
- Import a configuration
- You can import a previously exported configuration if you click Import button. It will open a file chooser dialog to allow you to select the configuration you want to import.
Command line usage
Panel profiles provides two command line options that allow you to load and activate a panel profile or save the current configuration.
xfce4-panel-profiles <load|save> <file>
If you launch
xfce4-panel-profiles without any available options, it launches the graphical user interface.
Save current configuration to
xfce4-panel-profiles save current-config.tar.bz2
Load and apply previously saved configuration:
xfce4-panel-profiles load current-config.tar.bz2
- python3-gi (>= 3.0)
- xfce4-panel-profiles 1.0.13 released (2021/02/21 23:48)
xfce4-panel-profiles 1.0.13 is now available for download from https://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/xfce4-panel-profiles/1.0/xfce4-panel-profiles-1.0.13.tar.bz2 https://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/xfce4-panel-profiles/1.0/xfce4-panel-profiles-1.0.13.tar.bz2?sha1 https://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/xfce4-panel-profiles/1.0/xfce4-panel-profiles-1.0.13.tar.bz2?sha256 What is xfce4-panel-profiles? ============================= With the modular Xfce Panel, a multitude of panel layouts can be created. This tool makes it possible to backup, restore, import, and export these panel layouts. Website: https://git.xfce.org/apps/xfce4-panel-profiles/about/ Release notes for 1.0.13 ======================== New Features: - Add Cupertino layout (#7) - Add Redmond 7 layout (#8) - Add Xfce 4.16 layout General: - Updated existing templates to support Xfce 4.16 - Makefile.in.in: remove bashisms - Enabled exporting Whisker menu configuration (#11) Updated translations: Belarusian, Czech