The FSGuard panel plugin checks free space on a chosen mount point frequently and displays a message when a limit is reached. There are two limits: a warning limit where only the icon changes, and an urgent limit that advise the user with a message. The icon button can be clicked to open the chosen mount point. The amount of free space is visible in a tooltip.
Open the properties dialog of the plugin (right click on the plugin) to customize its display.
SHA-256 Hash: d6d05d0a90a68453d65cdceec5ca7eeaef864393ab62eef532a7ba58f374d516
SHA-1 Hash: 89caa7e8081f4b7645c65e24175ae26452918e6d
MD5 Hash: d1e1fda4e80c36741643b1d9eca5c5c1
- Properly resize image _and_ btn so that the image is not shrinked
- New translations: th, ms, bg, oc, is, sl, en_AU
- Updated translations: ast, de, es, fr, it, hr, nl, pl, tr, ug
- Better compliance with panel plugin HIG
- Fix look on transparent/colored panels
- Added compatibility with xfce4-panel v.4.9.0+
- Fix config loading (bug #8821)
- Fix build on GNU/Hurd (Bug #7955 / #8820)
- Port to libxfce4ui (bug #8143)
- Build the plugin as a module
- Translated to 11 new languages, for a total of 38
- Detect the file manager automatically
- Replace limits in MB to percents
- Update the build system
The normal (and best) way to get this plugin is to use the package manager or port system of your operating system.
If it isn't available there, or if you want a different version, you can download it in source form from http://archive.xfce.org/src/panel-plugins/xfce4-fsguard-plugin/.
Source code repository
If you encounter a bug in
fsguard, please submit a bug report to the Xfce Bugzilla. Please note that to do this you will need to have / create an account on Bugzilla.
- [Bug 15823] Free Space Checker ignores panel's icon size setting (2019/08/14 23:42)
- [Bug 15738] Ability to put name and size in one line only? (2019/07/23 13:46)
- [Bug 15575] Remove "#. }}}" and "#. vim600:..." (2019/06/07 22:30)
- [Bug 14665] [PATCH] Improve Spacing in the FS Guard Plugin (2018/09/03 19:43)
- [Bug 14368] Tooltip for fsguard plugin with long mount point truncates (2018/05/26 08:15)
- [Bug 14367] Mount point has 32 character limit. (2018/05/01 10:23)
- [Bug 14351] Feature Request: Inverse Meter (2018/04/23 22:43)
- [Bug 12121] Feature Request: Default color (2018/04/23 22:38)
- [Bug 13782] Free Space Checker waking up autofs mounts (2017/10/18 21:38)
- [Bug 8821] fsguard plugin doesn't load system-wide settings (2012/05/04 16:33)
- [Bug 8820] FTBFS on GNU/Hurd (2012/05/04 16:02)
- [Bug 7955] GNU/Hurd support (2012/05/04 16:00)
- [Bug 8143] Port to libxfce4ui (2012/05/04 16:00)
- [Bug 3042] fsguard can't be built on Debian GNU/kFreeBSD (2010/12/14 16:43)
- [Bug 3033] configure.in filename typo at svn rev 2559 (2010/12/14 16:42)