This plugin allows you to send requests directly to your browser and perform a custom search. Some examples: http://www.google.it/search?q= if you want to perform a search on Google or http://bugs.debian.org if something is wrong with your system (assuming your distribution is Debian).
First add the plugin to your panel. Then you can go to the config dialog and enter the base URL you want to use for search queries.
Once it's done, you can just to type in some keywords and press
ENTER and the plugin will open your web browser and perform the search on the URL you've specified.
SHA-256 Hash: 3e28fb7cd2e2251e89a8715684081b862406e3fb4e6d8c0caa1b798a97703600
SHA-1 Hash: 0b806fb1ecade453a44b3bc8d1b7bec29026dab0
MD5 Hash: f1c97ac62dd9054e8f2b01568fef3ba6
- Fix compatibility with Xfce 4.7+, fixing bug #6939 and #6940
- Fix focusing the entry widget, fixing bug #7256
- Translated into 28 more languages, for a total of 32, 29 of which are full translations
- Update the build system
- Update URLs from goodies.x.o to docs.x.o (Bug #16176) (2019/11/13 09:06)
- I18n: Add new translation sl (100%). (2019/11/04 00:32)
- Fix build with panel 4.15 (2019/10/20 00:46)
- Make build less verbose (2019/10/20 00:46)
- s/http/https (2019/10/20 00:46)
The normal (and best) way to get this plugin is to use the package manager or port system of your operating system.
If it isn't available there, or if you want a different version, you can download it in source form from http://archive.xfce.org/src/panel-plugins/xfce4-smartbookmark-plugin/.
Source code repository
If you encounter a bug in
Smart Bookmark, please submit a bug report to the Xfce Bugzilla. Please note that to do this you will need to have / create an account on Bugzilla.
- [Bug 14675] [PATCH] Improve Spacing and Layout in the Smart Bookmark Plugin (2018/09/22 21:26)
- [Bug 11675] Input text colour the same as background colour in some themes (2015/03/10 08:48)
- [Bug 9791] Creates zombies (2013/01/24 10:18)
- [Bug 9523] Failure to update configuration file on URL/Title change (2012/12/30 18:25)
- [Bug 9663] Enter on numpad doesn't work (2012/12/30 18:15)
- [Bug 7256] smartbookmark entry widget cannot recieve focus (2011/11/01 15:23)
- [Bug 6939] fix build with 4.7 panel (2011/11/01 15:22)
- [Bug 6940] fix loading on 4.6 panel (2011/11/01 15:03)