Status Notifier Plugin
This plugin provides a panel area for status notifier items (application indicators). Applications may use these items to display their status and interact with user. This technology is a modern alternative to systray and has the freedesktop.org specification.
- Compile or install xfce4-statusnotifier-plugin
- Right-click the panel → Add New Items
- Add the Status Notifier Plugin
Plugin Doesn't Show Any Items
There is already a running service which works with status notifier items. Most probably it's the indicator-application service which is used by xfce4-indicator-plugin. Make sure this service is not running: remove this indicator from xfce4-indicator-plugin and remove the service from autostart.
SHA-256 Hash: 524314c05cf19e59c3b1ab928ef025b7bba62b228cf4bdc18072d17a13068b94
SHA-1 Hash: 634fb3b8db3e8cba68b60b902c1c1eea366eec0b
MD5 Hash: 152a327049e3977c439961d3e007e14d
Source Code Repository
If you encounter a bug in
Status Notifier, please submit a bug report to the Xfce Bugzilla. Please note that to do this you will need to have / create an account on Bugzilla.
- [Bug 14675] [PATCH] Improve Spacing and Layout in the Smart Bookmark Plugin (2018/09/22 21:26)
- [Bug 11675] Input text colour the same as background colour in some themes (2015/03/10 08:48)
- [Bug 9791] Creates zombies (2013/01/24 10:18)
- [Bug 9523] Failure to update configuration file on URL/Title change (2012/12/30 18:25)
- [Bug 9663] Enter on numpad doesn't work (2012/12/30 18:15)
- [Bug 7256] smartbookmark entry widget cannot recieve focus (2011/11/01 15:23)
- [Bug 6939] fix build with 4.7 panel (2011/11/01 15:22)
- [Bug 6940] fix loading on 4.6 panel (2011/11/01 15:03)