This is an old revision of the document!
This plugin is used to display stats from a wireless lan interface (signal state, signal quality, network name (SSID)). It supports NetBSD, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, and Linux.
It shows signal quality as percentage on Linux and dBm on BSDs, hence progressbar will probably be not really accurate on BSDs, as dBm is hardly comparable to a maximum.
Add the plugin to the panel, and select the wireless interface you want to monitor.
SHA-256 Hash: f41f81ea063ae3c7d7904e1ee647a6b5efafc7436f47caed662ee417038eed17
SHA-1 Hash: a2a703bd073ad39d5c1da270feca06120794e433
MD5 Hash: e4e3d5240297253d242464e77f6145df
- Add strings to translation
- Use GtkComboBoxText instead of GtkCombo
- Use check buttons with mnemonic for hot keys
- Use getifaddrs() instead of popen (“/sbin/ifconfig -a”) (bug #10822)
- Remove check for glib 2.14, was released 7 years ago..
- Make this compile with -Wall -Werror (declarations after statement)
- new translations: bg, en_AU, fi, he, is, ms, oc, th, sr
- updated translations: ar, ast, be, cs, en_AU, es, fr, he, hr, it,ja, ko, ms, nb, nl, pl, pt, pt_BR, ru, sk, sv, tr, uk, ug, zh_CN, zh_TW
- Better compliance with panel plugin HIG
- Fix transparency and put event box above its children (bug #8913)
- Translation updates (uk,sk,eu,pt_BR,it,da,nl,pt,gl,ko,zh_CN)
- Make the icon optional (bug #7520)
- Build the plugin as an external module
- Add about dialog
- Port to libxfce4ui
- Adapt to panel 4.9 and newer
- Fix compatibility with GNU/kFreeBSD (bug #6963)
- Fix transparency and bar color (bug #7346)
- Explicitely link against libm (bugs #7991, #8516)
- Support for both xfce 4.6 and 4.8
- Various bug fixes and code cleanup
- Translated into 6 more languages (33 total)
- Merge various patches from NetBSD and FreeBSD, 'should' work everywhere now..
- Totally revamped GUI, courtesy of Johan van der Slikke
- Show signal strengh in dBm on BSDs, in % on Linux
- Various bugfixes, localized config dialog is fixed
- Add an option to make the panel icon square.
- Fix a bug that calculated the signal strength incorrectly, reporting 102% for some people. Your signal strength may well be reported lower now, but apparently it was wrong before.
- Fix a bug where the interface wasn't activated if it was the first in the list.
- Improve the handling of the kernel's include files.
- Fix compilation on kfreebsd thanks to Petr Salinger.
- Fix a typo that referenced the wrong executable in the .desktop file.
- Fix the regression that made the icon square.
- Added Italian translation. (Thanks ema).
- Allow hiding the plugin if no device is present.
- Fix the bug that meant that it couldn't find the device on most systems.
- Updated to new panel API
The normal (and best) way to get the wavelan plugin is to use the package manager or port system of your operating system.
If wavelan isn't available there, or if you want a different version, you can download it in source form from http://archive.xfce.org/src/panel-plugins/xfce4-wavelan-plugin/.
Source Code Repository
Bugs should be reported to the Xfce bug tracking system.
- An error occurred while fetching this feed: http://bugzilla.xfce.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&chfieldto=Now&emailassigned_to1=1&emailassigned_to2=1&emailcc2=1&emailqa_contact2=1&emailreporter2=1&product=Xfce4-wavelan-plugin&query_format=advanced&title=Bug%20List:%20wavelan&ctype=atom