Written by Graeme Gott, this plugin is a menu that provides access to favorites, recently used, and searching installed applications.
When you open the menu you are shown a list of applications you have marked as favorites. You can browse through all of your installed applications by clicking on the category buttons on the side. Whisker Menu also keeps a list applications that you've launched.
Favorites are easy to add and reorder. When browsing through your applications, right-click on any of them and select “Add to Favorites”. Simply drag and drop your favorites list to arrange them to suit your needs. You can remove them at any time from another right-click option.
You can also quickly find applications by entering a search term. The search field is focused when opening the menu, so you can just start typing. Application descriptions as well as names are searched, which allows you to find a program by using a general word.
|Search action options|
- Fix building against xfce4-panel 4.15.0
- Translation updates: Dutch, Galician, Georgian.
SHA-256 Hash: 84d3de35695a023aab181f7a9b75f59029eb3b07c3e47a5e11e8bd79db62570e
SHA-1 Hash: 18f608497082f3d7cb399e66a0cd503cec13a047
MD5 Hash: ee9e378fae78b230a23b241cf727c84b
- Removed workaround for garcon that did not always fix crash.
- Translation updates: Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Galician, Icelandic, Nepali.
- Fix editing menu items containing a single quote. (bug #15091)
- Fix displaying empty tooltips. (bug #15137)
- Translation updates: Dutch, Galician, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian.
- Fix crash when reload is required.
- Translation updates: Catalan, Czech, Danish, Greek, Spanish, Finnish, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Slovak.
- Fix sidebar wider than iconless categories.
- Add buttons for individual logout commands. (bug #14639)
- Add option to stay visible when focus is lost. (bug #12240)
- Always allow positioning commands next to search.
- Improve preferences spacing. (bug #14683)
- Translation updates: Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Lithuanian, Nepali, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Turkish, Welsh.
- I18n: Update translation it (80%). (2020/01/22 21:45)
- Use implicit boolean comparisons. (2020/01/22 13:05)
- Remove unused code. (2020/01/22 01:42)
- Remove duplicate bounds check. (2020/01/21 14:43)
- Use C++ type system for casting. (2020/01/21 11:59)
Source Code Repository
If you encounter a bug in
Whiskermenu, please submit a bug report to the Xfce Bugzilla. Please note that to do this you will need to have / create an account on Bugzilla.
- [Bug 15403] Trouble with "Applications" title and switching language (2020/01/10 19:30)
- [Bug 16353] Very large disk read and write statistics (2020/01/09 09:52)
- [Bug 14730] Category list scrollbar (2020/01/07 17:52)
- [Bug 15501] User icon does not indicate you can click it (2020/01/04 21:14)
- [Bug 15492] Edit programs/Edit menu (2020/01/04 15:45)
- [Bug 14816] Suggestion to delete an item from Whisker Menu? (2020/01/04 15:00)
- [Bug 16066] Build failure against xfce4-panel 4.15.0 (2019/10/21 17:34)
- [Bug 15901] Daily synchronize translations with transifex (2019/08/30 11:04)
- [Bug 15867] Opacity settings affects selection of the app list (2019/08/23 14:20)
- [Bug 15354] Feature request: add option for panel button icon size (2019/08/22 18:55)
- [Bug 15812] REQUEST: Whisker Auto-Scroll (2019/08/12 18:48)
- [Bug 15047] Search "Keywords" field in desktop files (2019/07/23 14:10)
- [Bug 15604] Switch icons for menu items Sort Alphabetically A-Z/Z-A (2019/06/14 00:02)
- [Bug 15549] @latin/@Latn in po filename (2019/06/12 04:00)
- [Bug 15398] Change "switch users" to "switch user" (2019/06/04 18:24)
- [Bug 15478] Show system settings first in settings category (2019/05/26 21:45)
- [Bug 15397] Make title "Applications Menu" translatable (2019/05/16 16:19)