The Thunar VCS Plugin adds Subversion and GIT actions to the context menu of thunar. This gives a SVN integration and GIT integration to Thunar.
This project was formerly known as Thunar SVN Plugin.
The current features are:
- Most of the svn action: add, blame, checkout, cleanup, commit, copy, delete, export, import, lock, log, move, properties, relocate, resolved, revert, status, switch, unlock, update.
- Subversion info in file properties dialog.
- Basic git actions: add, blame, branch, clean, clone, log, move, reset, stash, status.
In the Thunar file/folder view right click on a file ore folder and the context menu pops up showing the SVN and GIT sub menu. Choose the appropriate action.
These screen shots are of the Thunar git Plugin.
|Git context sub menu show for a version controlled file|
|Git log window for a selected file|
The notification dialog is shown during and after several Git actions.
These screen shots are of the Thunar SVN Plugin.
|SVN context sub menu show for a version controlled file|
The SVN context sub menu show for a version controlled file.
|SVN log window for a selected file|
The notification dialog is shown during and after many SVN actions, like update.
Source Code Repository
git clone https://gitlab.xfce.org/thunar-plugins/thunar-vcs-plugin
- Thunarx 1.2.0 or higher
- exo 0.6.0 or higher
- libxfce4util 4.8.0 or higher
- gtk 2.14.0 or higher
- glib 2.18.0 or higher
- gobject 2.18.0 or higher
- libsvn 1.5 or higher (optional)
- libapr 0.9.7 or higher (optional)
- git application (optional)
Building and Installing
For building the Thunar VCS Plugin depends on xfce4-dev-tools version 4.8.0 or higher. For Thunar to be able to find the Thunar VCS Plugin both have to be install with the same prefix. The configure script will automatically try find the prefix of Thunar. To ensure this run the following command to build from tarball:
For source build from the git repository run the following:
Afterwards one of these commands the source is ready to be build and installed. For install root access might be necessary.
make && make install
If you are experiencing a bug in
thunar-vcs-plugin, your way of helping things getting fixed is to report a bug about it in Xfce GitLab. Please note that to do this you will need to have / create an account.
Report a new bug
If your bug has not been reported before, please submit a new bug report.
When writing your bug report, try to be as descriptive as possible, but avoid verbosity; Mozilla has a nice guide on how to write a bug report.
For more information, see Bug Reporting and Fixing.
Here's a list (updated daily) of open bug reports with the date that bug was reported in parenthesis.
- Completely not usable (2020/06/02 22:29)
- Disable SVN/GIT menu items when not in a repository (2020/05/20 21:34)
- X hangs when doing SVN Update. (2020/05/20 21:33)
- Thunar crashing when mouse right click on files or folders or bookmarks (2020/05/20 21:33)
- update autoconf to at least 2.69 for aarch64 support (2020/05/20 21:33)
- FTBFS with ld --as-needed and -z,defs (2020/05/20 21:33)
- [PATCH] thunar-vcs-plugin.so does not link to libapr but it needs to (2020/05/20 21:33)
- Thunar closes when right mouse button is clicked (2020/05/20 21:32)
- Usable SVN integration (2020/05/20 21:32)
- svn+ssh not available? (2020/05/20 21:32)
- Sometimes when commiting, dialog box shows up but is blank (2020/05/20 21:32)