The Thunar VCS Plugin adds Subversion and GIT actions to the context menu of thunar. This gives a SVN integration and GIT integration to Thunar.
This project was formerly known as Thunar SVN Plugin.
The current features are:
- Most of the svn action: add, blame, checkout, cleanup, commit, copy, delete, export, import, lock, log, move, properties, relocate, resolved, revert, status, switch, unlock, update.
- Subversion info in file properties dialog.
- Basic git actions: add, blame, branch, clean, clone, log, move, reset, stash, status.
In the Thunar file/folder view right click on a file ore folder and the context menu pops up showing the SVN and GIT sub menu. Choose the appropriate action.
These screen shots are of the Thunar git Plugin.
The Git context sub menu show for a version controlled file.
The notification dialog is shown during and after several Git actions.
These screen shots are of the Thunar SVN Plugin.
The SVN context sub menu show for a version controlled file.
The notification dialog is shown during and after many SVN actions, like update.
Source Code Repository
git clone git://git.xfce.org/thunar-plugins/thunar-vcs-plugin
- Thunarx 1.2.0 or higher
- exo 0.6.0 or higher
- libxfce4util 4.8.0 or higher
- gtk 2.14.0 or higher
- glib 2.18.0 or higher
- gobject 2.18.0 or higher
- libsvn 1.5 or higher (optional)
- libapr 0.9.7 or higher (optional)
- git application (optional)
Building and Installing
For building the Thunar VCS Plugin depends on xfce4-dev-tools version 4.8.0 or higher. For Thunar to be able to find the Thunar VCS Plugin both have to be install with the same prefix. The configure script will automatically try find the prefix of Thunar. To ensure this run the following command to build from tarball:
For source build from the git repository run the following:
Afterwards one of these commands the source is ready to be build and installed. For install root access might be necessary.
make && make install
If you encounter a bug in
thunar-vcs-plugin, please submit a bug report to the Xfce Bugzilla. Please note that to do this you will need to have / create an account on Bugzilla.
- [Bug 15568] Disable SVN/GIT menu items when not in a repository (2019/06/17 00:31)
- [Bug 13332] Completely not usable (2018/12/01 23:14)
- [Bug 14472] translated strings in menu showing Menu|foo in some locales (2018/08/24 05:42)
- [Bug 9787] "Menu|" is added at the beginning of every menu item (2018/08/23 12:56)
- [Bug 13294] Gtkhash Crashes Thunar (2018/06/22 10:57)
- [Bug 14264] Perhaps remove space before "..." (2018/03/04 21:22)
- [Bug 13331] Completely not usable (2017/05/21 02:05)
- [Bug 11517] [PATCH] Add missed strings to translation (2015/02/17 13:11)
- [Bug 10868] X hangs when doing SVN Update. (2014/05/06 01:01)
- [Bug 10491] Weird translation (2013/11/15 12:51)
- [Bug 9942] update autoconf to at least 2.69 for aarch64 support (2013/03/23 20:48)
- [Bug 4249] svn+ssh not available? (2013/01/30 10:42)
- [Bug 9786] Some windows are hard to read (2013/01/21 02:49)
- [Bug 6640] Thunar closes when right mouse button is clicked (2013/01/10 17:57)
- [Bug 4551] Usable SVN integration (2012/09/25 09:27)
- [Bug 8338] TBc0c9275d config.py:680:_getsysver:TypeError: rpmdb open failed (2012/01/14 21:02)
- [Bug 8342] TBc0c9275d config.py:680:_getsysver:TypeError: rpmdb open failed (2012/01/14 21:02)
- [Bug 7870] FTBFS with ld --as-needed and -z,defs (2011/08/05 20:05)