The normal (and best) way to get the Mousepad application is to use the package manager or port system of your operating system.
If Mousepad isn't available there, or if you want a different version, you can download it in source from from https://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/mousepad/.
Source code repository
If you are experiencing a bug in
mousepad, your way of helping things getting fixed is to report a bug about it in Xfce GitLab. Please note that to do this you will need to have / create an account.
Report a new bug
If your bug has not been reported before, please submit a new bug report.
When writing your bug report, try to be as descriptive as possible, but avoid verbosity; Mozilla has a nice guide on how to write a bug report.
For more information, see Bug Reporting and Fixing.
Here's a list (updated daily) of open bug reports with the date that bug was reported in parenthesis.
- Search bar issues (2021/01/18 18:21)
- Text hidden behind scrollbar(s) (2021/01/07 12:29)
- Unable to move last line with shortcuts if it is empty (2021/01/03 14:38)
- Remove xfconf dependency (2021/01/02 23:20)
- Color may not be a good indication for unsaved documents (2020/12/25 00:52)
- Any plans port to gtksourceview-4? (2020/12/02 00:29)
- Plugin System (2020/11/26 22:25)
- adding the autocomplete & highlight selected feature for better coding (2020/11/26 22:23)
- Add a GUI to customize keyboard shortcuts (2020/11/24 12:58)
- Input Methods & Insert Unicode Control Character are gone (2020/10/10 10:29)
- Add support for EditorConfig (2020/09/26 21:27)
- Feature Request: Count Words, Count Characters (2020/09/17 19:52)
- [PATCH] Add an option to sort the selected lines alphabetically. (2020/08/26 02:04)
- Display Control Character and Display Nonprinting Characters (2020/08/25 00:38)
- Option to remember tabs with recently opened documents (2020/08/25 00:26)
- Autoreopen unsaved document from last session at startup (2020/08/24 23:42)
- Frame borders are too thick (Cosmetic enhancement request) (2020/08/24 23:40)