The Xfce4-screenshooter is an application that can be used to take snapshots of your desktop screen.
Xfce4-screenshooter allows you to capture the entire screen, the active window or a selected region. You can set the delay that elapses before the screenshot is taken and the action that will be done with the screenshot: save it to a file, copy it to the clipboard, open it using another application, host it on imgur.com (a free online image hosting service) or use your creativity with custom action scripts.
This manual describes how you can use Xfce4-screenshooter, and how you can configure it to your preferences.
- Using the application – Make screenshots with the application interface or the command-line
- Using the Xfce panel plugin – How to add and configure the panel plugin
- Using custom actions – How to add and use custom actions
xfce4-screenshooter currently supports three different levels of debugging support,
which can be setup using the configure flag
–enable-debug (check the output
|This is the default for Git snapshot builds. It adds all kinds of checks to the code, and is therefore likely to run slower. Use this for development of xfce4-screenshooter and locating bugs in xfce4-screenshooter.
|This is the default for release builds. This is the recommended behaviour.
|Disables all sanity checks. Don't use this unless you know exactly what you do.
- xfce4-screenshooter 1.10.5 released (2024/02/04 23:24)
- Download current release (link also contains older versions)