xfce4-terminal - Terminal Emulator
Xfce Terminal is a lightweight and easy to use terminal emulator application with many advanced features including drop down, tabs, unlimited scrolling, full colors, fonts, transparent backgrounds, and more.
- Introduction to Terminal – What is a terminal emulator and what makes the Xfce terminal emulator special
- Getting Started – Working for the first time with the Xfce Terminal emulator
- Usage – Basic handling of the application
- Drop-down Window – How to use a drop-down terminal window
- Preferences – Configuring the terminal emulator
- Command-line Options – Parameters for starting the terminal
- Advanced Topics – Hidden settings and environment variables
Keyboard shortcuts can be configured by editing your
Xfce Terminal is based on the Vte terminal widget library, just like gnome-terminal. Vte is probably not the fastest terminal emulation library on earth, but it's one of the best when it comes to Unicode support, and not to forget, it's actively developed. That said, performance is still an important issue for a terminal emulator and Vte with font-antialiasing enabled can be very slow even on decent systems. Xfce Terminal therefore offers a possibility to explicitly disable anti-aliasing for the terminal font. If you are experiencing problems with the terminal rendering speed, you might want to disable the anti-aliasing for the terminal font.