Xfce 4.16 Documentation
This website provides user documentation for the latest stable version of the Xfce desktop environment. Go to Xfce 4.14 for the previous version.
- Getting Started with Xfce – Starting point for anyone who wants to use Xfce
- Frequently Asked Questions – General questions relating to Xfce and their answers
- Building Xfce – Instructions on how to compile Xfce from source
- How to Contribute – Detailed information for new contributors
Documentation for Xfce Applications
- Application Finder (xfce4-appfinder) – Application to quickly run applications and commands
- Configuration Storage System (xfconf) – D-Bus-based configuration storage system
- Desktop Manager (xfdesktop) – Configure the desktop background image, icons, launchers and folders
- Helper Applications (exo) – Manage preferred applications and edit
- File Manager (thunar) – The fast and easy to use file manager for the Xfce Desktop
- Panel (xfce4-panel) – Application launchers, window buttons, applications menu, workspace switcher and more
- Power Manager (xfce4-power-manager) – Manage power sources and power consumption of devices
- Session Manager (xfce4-session) – Save the state of your desktop and restore it on the next startup
- Settings Manager (xfce4-settings) – The Settings daemon which persists many Xfce settings
- Window Manager (xfwm4) – Handles the placement of windows on the screen
- CD Burning application (xfburn) – A simple CD/DVD burning tool.
- Dictionary (xfce4-dict) – allows you to search different kinds of dictionary services for words or phrases and shows you the result.
- File Search Utility (catfish) – a versatile file search utility for the Xfce desktop
- Image Viewer (ristretto) – Image viewer for the Xfce desktop
- Media player (parole) – Media player for the Xfce desktop
- Notification service (xfce4-notifyd) – Notification service for the Xfce desktop
- Remote filesystem Utility (gigolo) – A frontend to easily manage connections to remote filesystems.
- Panel Profiles (xfce4-panel-profiles) – A simple application to manage Xfce panel layouts
- Screensaver Utility (xfce4-screensaver) – A simple, secure screen saver and locker.
- Screenshot application (xfce4-screenshooter) – Take screenshots of your Xfce desktop
- Taskmanager(xfce4-taskmanager) – Easy to use task manager
- Terminal Emulator (xfce4-terminal) – Terminal emulator for the Xfce desktop
- Text Editor (mousepad) – A simple text editor for Xfce
- Xfdashboard – Provides a Gnome shell-like dashboard for Xfce
Take a look at the list of recommended applications for more light-weight applications, recommended by Xfce users.
Check the sitemap of this wiki to see all available wiki pages.