xfce4-panel - Xfce Panel
The Xfce Panel is part of the Xfce Desktop Environment and features application launchers, panel menus, a workspace switcher and more. Many aspects of the panel can be configured through the GUI, but also by GTK+ style properties and hidden Xfconf settings.
- Getting Started – Starting the Xfce Panel for the first time
- Add New Items – Add new plugins to the Xfce Panel
- Preferences – Configure the Xfce Panel
- Customize the Xfce menu – Customize menu entries
- Theming – Styling the Xfce Panel
- Action Buttons – Adds system action buttons to the panel
- Applications Menu – Adds a menu containing categories of installed applications
- Clock – What time is it? – a clock plugin for the panel.
- Directory Menu – Show a directory tree in a menu
- Launcher – Program launcher with optional menu
- Notification Area – Area where notification icons appear
- Separator – Adds a separator or space between panel plugins
- Show Desktop – Hide all windows and show the desktop
- Window Buttons – Switch between open windows using buttons
- Window Menu – Switch between open windows using a menu
- Workspace Switcher – Switch between virtual desktops
- Battery – A battery monitor panel plugin for Xfce4 compatible with APM and ACPI, for Linux and *BSD.
- Calculator – a calculator plugin for the Xfce4 panel.
- Clipman – A clipboard manager for Xfce
- Cpufreq – shows information about the CPU governor and frequencies supported and used by your system.
- Cpugraph – offers multiple display modes (LED, gradient, fire, etc…) to show the current CPU load of the system.
- Datetime – shows the date and time in the panel, and a calendar appears when you left-click on it.
- Diskperf – displays instant disk/partition performance (bytes transferred per second).
- Embed – Embed arbitrary application windows into the panel.
- Eyes – Eyes that spy on you.
- Fsguard – checks the chosen mountpoint for free disk space.
- Genmon – spawns the indicated script/program, captures its output (stdout) and displays the resulting string into the panel.
- Indicator – small plugin written by Mark Trompell to display information from various applications consistently.
- Mailwatch – multi-threaded, multi-mailbox, multi-protocol plugin for checking mails periodically.
- Mount – a mount/umount utility for the panel.
- Mpc – client plugin for MPD, the Music Player Daemon
- Netload – displays the current load of the network interfaces, currently works on Linux, *BSD, Sun Solaris, HP_UX and MacOS X.
- Notes – provides sticky notes for your desktop.
- Places – a menu with quick access to folders, documents, and removable media.
- PulseAudio Plugin – Adjust audio volume and control media players on the Xfce desktop
- Sample – Sample plugin developers can use as a base for new panel-plugins
- Sensors – a hardware sensors plugin for the panel.
- Smartbookmark – allows you to do a search directly on Internet on sites like google or debian bugzilla.
- Statusnotifier – provides a panel area for status notifier items (application indicators).
- Stopwatch – Keep track of elapsed time.
- Systemload – Displays the current CPU load, the memory in use, the swap space and the system uptime.
- Timer – Lets the user run an alarm at a specified time or at the end of a specified countdown period.
- Time-out – for taking breaks from the computer every X minutes.
- Verve – A comfortable command line plugin for the Xfce panel.
- Wavelan – Display stats from a wireless lan interface (signal state, signal quality, network name (SSID)). It supports NetBSD, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, and Linux.
- Weather – Shows the current temperature and weather condition, using weather data provided by xoap.weather.com.
- Whiskermenu – A menu that provides access to favorites, recently used, and searching installed applications.
- Xkb – Setup and use multiple (currently up to 4 due to X11 protocol limitation) keyboard layouts.
- Debugging – Debugging plugins and the panel
For specific information on the minimum required versions, check configure.ac.in
- xfce4-panel 4.17.4 released (2022/10/31 16:55)
xfce4-panel 4.17.4 is now available for download from https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/xfce4-panel/4.17/xfce4-panel-4.17.4.tar.bz2 https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/xfce4-panel/4.17/xfce4-panel-4.17.4.tar.bz2?sha1 https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/xfce4-panel/4.17/xfce4-panel-4.17.4.tar.bz2?sha256 What is xfce4-panel? ==================== Xfce's panel. Website: https://www.xfce.org/ Release notes for 4.17.4 ======================== [Please note that this is a development release.] - Dependency Changes: - GObject Introspection >= 1.66.0 - New Features: - clock: Improved time zone matching (!105) - clock: [GSoC22] Merge DateTime with Clock plugin (!101) - clock: Reveal calendar command in prefs dialog (Fixes #560) - Code Refactoring: - systray: cleanup: Fix misleading variable name - systray: cleanup: Remove dead code - clock: Decrease verbosity - panel: Remove duplicated PanelWindow:scale-factor property - panel: Remove some duplicate build flags - Ignore Libwnck 43.0 deprecations - systray: Replace deprecated "GtkWidget::composited-changed" signal - Replace deprecated "style-set" signal with "style-updated" - Bug Fixes: - windowmenu: Take window scaling into account for icons - tasklist: Take window scaling into account for icons - systray: Take window scaling into account for status notifiers - libxfce4panel: Add window scaling to xfce_panel_set_image_from_source() - launcher: Take window scaling into account for icons from files - launcher: Rebuild the menu when the panel size changes - launcher: Do not overwrite button icon cache with menu item icons - launcher: Fix tooltip icon management - libxfce4panel: Fix a memory leak - panel: Chain up to parent in constructed() - tasklist: Add missing sanity check - panel: Add missing sanity check - panel: Fix test likeliness - docs: Add libxfce4panel first - clock: Fixed zone info directory (#646, !105) - tasklist: Properly restore button state on GtkMenu::selection-done - tasklist: Browse a copy of the window list if it is subject to change (#594) - clock: Improve backward compatibility (#641) - clock: Prevent visual glitch when showing calendar window (#466) - Revert "clock: Prevent visual glitch when showing calendar window" (#641) - tasklist: Update button visibility when sent to another workspace - tasklist: Properly update fallback icon (Fixes #636) - systray: Use theme colors for symbolic icons (#635) - Add title to message dialogs (!102) - docs: Do not track `libxfce4panel-overrides.txt` - Bump GObject Introspection minim version to 1.66 (xfconf#8, !97) - panel: Chain-up to parent in style_updated() (Fixes #490) - clock: Fix widget visibility in prefs dialog - docs: Fix "unused declarations" warning - docs: Add missing link for api-index-4.18 - docs: Add missing "macros" section - Translation Updates: , Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian (Armenia), Asturian, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (China), Chinese (Hong Kong), Chinese (Taiwan), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Eastern Armenian, English (Australia), English (United Kingdom), Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Interlingue, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Occitan (post 1500), Panjabi (Punjabi), Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uyghur, Vietnamese