- Application Finder (xfce4-appfinder) – Application to quickly run applications and commands
- Configuration Storage System (xfconf) – D-Bus-based configuration storage system
- Desktop Manager (xfdesktop) – Configure the desktop background image, icons, launchers and folders
- Development Tools (xfce4-dev-tools) – A set of scripts and m4/autoconf macros that ease build system maintenance.
- Helper Applications (exo) – Manage preferred applications and edit .desktop files
- File Manager (thunar) – The fast and easy to use file manager for the Xfce Desktop
- Menu Library (garcon) – Library used for menu implementation
- Panel (xfce4-panel) – Application launchers, window buttons, applications menu, workspace switcher and more
- Power Manager (xfce4-power-manager) – Manage power sources and power consumption of devices
- Session Manager (xfce4-session) – Save the state of your desktop and restore it on the next startup
- Settings Manager (xfce4-settings) – The Settings daemon which persists many Xfce settings
- Thumbnail Service (tumbler) – A D-Bus service for applications to request thumbnails for various URI schemes and MIME types
- Widget Sharing Library (libxfce4ui) – Used to share commonly used Xfce widgets among the Xfce applications
- Widget Abstraction Library for X11 & Wayland (libxfce4windowing) – Used to present windowing concepts (screens, toplevel windows, workspaces, etc.) in a windowing-system-independent manner.
- Window Manager (xfwm4) – Handles the placement of windows on the screen